Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Letter to My Daughter in Heaven


Written on May 14, 2012

Today Natalie Christine is your 20th birthday.  I wish the circumstances would be different but they are not.  I want to hold the memories of joy you gave me.  Being pregnant with you allowed me to see beyond my current circumstances and feel hope for the future.  I can still recall the nights I sat up in bed holding you in my belly telling you all the hopes and dreams I had for you.  You would move and I would think that, that was your way of communicating with me. Oh how I wanted to change the outcome, but losing you gave me courage and faith.  Your loss got me closer to our Lord because I knew you were in His arms.  So now I try to adapt to this new life without you and want to be the best I can be so we can be reunited in heaven one day.  I want to live life in such a way that you would be absolutely proud of me.  Thank you for coming into my life and giving it purpose and direction, and please know that I will forever love you my sweet baby girl.

Love,
Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment