Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lonely Days


The hospital room looked like a regular hospital room.  I was dizzy and felt weak. The nurse came in and took my vitals.  I asked her if I could see the baby but all she said was that the doctor would be in shortly. The man from yesterday walked in the room again.  He approached me and asked me if I remembered him. I said yes you were here yesterday. He stared at me and told me he was my husband and that we had 3 children. In not a very nice tone I answered that that was not possible.  At that point I began to cry and told him I wanted to see the baby.  Immediately he assumed I was talking about our youngest child.  Things got really intense at this point I went into a river of tears because I told him I needed a helicopter because we needed to save her.

On May 14, 1992 I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.  For the first 10 to 12 hours after birth, she seemed to be healthy, alert and happy.  While my grandmother was assisting me with breastfeeding her, being that I was a first time mom, she noticed that the baby’s forehead was turning blue.  At this point, she called for the nurse and this is where I wake up.  See the definition of dissociative amnesia or psychogenic amnesia as wikipedia defines it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychogenic_amnesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment